TRADITIONAL CHINESE ACUPUNCTURE
Acupuncture originated in China over 5,000 years ago and is fast becoming recognised as a safe and reliable treatment option for many different conditions. The treatment involves the insertion of very fine but targeted needles into strategic points of the body in order to stimulate an internal healing process.
- Treats respiratory illnesses such as a chronic cough and the common cold.
- Helps relieve asthma and allergies such as hay fever.
- Addresses skin conditions such as eczema.
- Helps relieve all types of Arthritis.
- Can relieve muscular pain and stiffness.
- Addresses repetitive strain injury.
- Helps treat addictions.
- Helps to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Tackles migraines.
- Relieves fatigue.
This cosmetic treatment is an extension of traditional acupuncture. Unlike injection procedures, cosmetic acupuncture addresses not only signs of aging, but also the skin’s overall health.
By creating tiny punctures in the skin, the lymphatic and circulatory system become stimulated and work together to deliver nutrients and oxygen to your skin cells. This nourishes the skin from the inside out thereby helping to improve elasticity and minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduces fine lines and some deeper lines.
- Reduces signs of stress on the face such as puffy eyes.
- Improves general health and vitality by stimulating blood circulation to the face.
- Rebalances the body’s energies.
- Helps achieve better sleep.
- Improves skin quality.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT DOES TRADITIONAL CHINESE ACUPUNCTURE FEEL LIKE?
Most patients find the procedure, at Acukare in Worcester, quite relaxing. The sensation is often described as a tingling or a dull pressure at the needle point, which is a sign of the body’s energy being stimulated.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS OF COSMETIC ACUPUNCTURE WILL I NEED?
We typically recommend a course of 6-12 treatments of cosmetic acupuncture to ensure optimum results. Each treatment will take between 60-90 minutes.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS TO TRADITIONAL CHINESE ACUPUNCTURE?
Traditional Chinese Acupuncture is virtually painless and minimally invasive, so you should experience no side effects. You may experience some minor bruising at the needle entry point, but this typically settles quickly.
WHEN WILL I SEE THE RESULTS OF MY COSMETIC ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT?
You will begin to the see the results around the fourth or fifth treatment. Because cosmetic acupuncture promotes an internal stimulation of energy, this rejuvenation won’t be immediately recognisable because the collagen proteins need a little time to reform.